My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ruminations in Barcelona

I recently discovered a notebook which I had with me during the time I was in Barcelona last year. It contains a mix of scribbles - some related to the work I had there and some thoughts that occurred to me while I was there. I have put two such writings..

Do I get overwhelmed easily ? And is it always the wrong thing ? But why do I care anymore about whats wrong or right ? Is there any wrong or right really ? Or are they just choosing one among 2 diverging roads.

But the aim is not to get philosophical - the aim is to put on paper - all the experiences that have happened to me during my stay in Barcelona - and how they have enriched me.

It is probably difficult to separate Barcelona from CS ( a beautiful project with a wonderful concept cutting across all parts of the globe). The people I have met here are essentially because of this amazing project.

But I'd still give a lot of credit to Barcelona. Its so different and it has something for everybody. In fact it offers an opportunity to explore all the varied avenues that we might have. From being a favourite party spot to Gaudi (an architect of considerable renown) and his brilliance - to Picasso - to Barca - to the beach - to Barri Gothic and its small confusing alleyways - to the profusion of bars of different variety which are stepped in old world charm and culture - not to forget the broad tree lined avenues and the ubiquitous roller skater or skate boarder.

People out here are blessed with the opportunity to pursue what they want - from intellectual pursuits,......

(The thoughts which were being jotted down while sitting on one of the benches in a tree lined avenue got interrupted when a minor accident took place on the road between a car and a motorcycle)


How broad minded are people really ? Do we really try and define these things - or is it that they tend to have a deeper meaning the more we are exposed to situations that can be classified as putting them under a test.

Maybe its so easy to talk and agree and be enthusiastic about certain things, situations and people in general - but its after you have expressed there emotions - that you feel the need to get back to your sheltered alcove.

So the real test, the real learning is when you have to lose yourself all the time, immerse yourself in living the kind of life you support or advocate.

Maybe I am digressing. This is about me and how I have started to view people who are in the same situation I was a couple of years back when I was traveling through Europe in a different way - from high up my perch as if.Have I become too consumed by the external layers of garments that people tend to wear on them.

How important are the things to me - that make me uncomfortable in her company - when otherwise we can really talk our hearts out.

Have I looked in the mirror lately ? Like looked really deep and stripped myself of all the trappings - to think about the person I have actually become.

Life has given me a lot of blessing of late. Of course I had to overcome my initial inhibitions before I could - so call "win" them. And yet I have not been doing my bit to keep them with me - by my side. I get distracted so easily - that the things which are actually dear to me, which I should nurture - I forget about them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home