My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

Monday, August 21, 2006

Yes finally I ran !!!!!!!!

I love running. There is no other way to put it. While writing this post I tried to put those three words in a shall we say slightly less prosaic way , but my feelings are best captured by those three words. And I probably wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for a friend of mine. She told me that if I love running so much why don't I just do it. We have a field in our college campus so if you come to think of it there is seriously not much effort required to be put in. I didn't do it the day she told me because somehow the idea seemed very so fantastic to me. I mean how can you just go and run. I slept over it and thought well why not. I could furnish you with a thousand and one excuses for not doing it . I mean how can one just run alone, the people around will think I am a lunatic and so on and so forth.
I think I should clarify here that when I mean run I mean sprinting , not jogging. I used to love doing it on sports day in school and then after a rather long break in the inter b school meet in our college last year.
Its a really great feeling. Leave aside the elation you feel when you break the tape (yes I have tasted success in my shall we say "athletic" career). When you are participating in a tournament and just before the final race is about to start the tension is palpalble. Its just the feeling that the next 3 seconds can decide who go goes home to the ticker tape parade ( I am putting it a bit grandly here) and who well has to settle for a second place or a third place or well any other standing for that matter. There might seem to be an inherent contradiction in what I am saying. Actually I am venturing into territory that I would not like to go now.
(Whoever says the life of a MBA student is easy!!!).
There's a lot more left to say......but thanks to my roomie and metallica you people are let off easy ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger satyajit said...

all said and done, i still want you to be tested for dope..

5:49 AM  
Blogger Dipanjan said...

Very soon you will be writing a book called, lets see... "Discover who you truly are" and to your 'audience' it will seem more like "A shortcut to insanity".

I think I have seen quite a bit of the ups and downs of your 'Athletic' career. But of course the writing is more than that.

Keep going. It was good.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Still Searching said...

Heheheh.. the last time I did a sprint was way back in 8th Std for my school Sports day! And ofcourse I lost, mainly becoz some other lady lost her bearings and came into my track instead of sticking to hers!! Oh boy, what we did when we were kids! Am too lazy now though!
But yes, I can understand the adrenaline rush that you are talking about, coz even as spectators we could feel the sense of expectation amongst the runners, esp in the inter-class senior school sprints!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home